Part time (10+/- hrs per week) Dog walkers with availability generally from 10am-3pm, M-F, with the ability to grow with us!
Overnight sitters to stay overnight in client homes for 1 or more nights at a time.
Join the FPL Pet Care Team!
Do you LOVE animals and have a flexible schedule? Then, Feed Play Love Pet Care may be the place for you! We are an established business seeking passionate and trustworthy, long-term, part-time Pet Care Professionals that live in/around Coronado, Imperial Beach, and San Diego to join our team and grow with us.
Our Pet Care Specialists provide exceptional service and care for clients` pets in our clients’ homes 365 days a year. We pride ourselves in providing a high level of service to our clients. Pet owners hire a pet sitter when they are not able to be there to take care of their pets. They don’t want to kennel their pets or impose on a neighbor, friend, or a relative. They are looking for a professional who will dedicate their love and attention to their pets.
To be a member of our team, you must have a very pawsitive attitude, be self-motivated and extremely detail-oriented. Trustworthiness, plenty of common sense, ability to think and problem-solve on your feet and an ability to follow detailed instructions are critical criteria for working with us. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. You must also be a real animal lover with pet experience. This experience can be a personal background with pets; ideally, dog walking, pet sitting, volunteering in a shelter, or working at a doggy daycare, grooming, or veterinarian’s office.
Our assignments offer an incredible opportunity to spend time with a variety of animals, getting exercise and meeting great people. This job is not for everyone, but it will be gratifying for the right person! You will not be required to work on a daily basis; however you must be FLEXIBLE! This is an “as needed” customer-driven business, we must meet the needs of our clients. This is a great way to earn supplemental income. If you truly love animals, are mature, extremely reliable, detailed oriented, self-motivated, pleasant to work with, committed to excellent customer service, and would like to become part of our family of pet sitters, this may be the perfect job for you.
You must be keenly aware of the high level of trust and responsibility that this position entails – Living, breathing animals will be relying on you to be a punctual, organized, and competent caregiver.
You will be responsible for:
The perfect candidate should meet the following criteria-
* 18+ and eligible to work in the US
* Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team
* Extremely high integrity and work ethic
* Great time management and communication skills
* Able to commit to long-term, part-time work (this is not a seasonal position)
* Have a reliable transportation
* Availability to work weekends, nights, and holidays and spend OVERNIGHTS at client’s home
* Attention to detail and able to follow instructions
* Previous pet experience, (owning a pet or previously working with animals)
* Comfortable caring for dogs, cats, and other small animals
* Comfortable and able to walk dogs of all breeds, sizes, and personalities for several hours
* Enjoy working outside in all types of weather including rain, cold and heat
* Must be personable, well-spoken, and well-kept
* Comfortable with responding quickly to phone calls, email and text
* Understand and expect that you will be on camera at all times – indoors or outside
* Must be willing to complete our comprehensive hiring process including, but not limited to, multiple interviews (including working interviews), reference checks, and national criminal background check)
Thank you for taking the time to apply with us! If we feel you are a good candidate we will reach out to set up a phone interview, followed with a face to face interview in Coronado.